Thursday, May 05, 2005

My main purpose of using this Blog

This morning I listened to a radio program, BBC learning English, as usual. This time, it appears to me that the program contains lots of new interesting words and expression phrases that I think would be nice to keep them for later use. Having thought so, I picked a notebook of mine--which my girlfriend bought me for my Conversational English course--and started to write down new words, word by word. But, no!, thought to myself. This must not be the effective way to remember new words; what I mean is that the words alone could be extremely difficult to remember and recall, especially when they have many (sometimes no related) definitions. I then decided to, instead of listing words, rephrase the conversation in the radio program in the same or similar context. I am quite confident that this will help because the new words are connected to the situation, the context. Hmm.. sounds smooth at the beginning.

The problem then was that I would have to highlight the words in the sentence and correct the mistakes I had done. And that's it, that's the moment when the Blog came to my mind...

No comments: